Thursday, February 16, 2006

no control

Through my hands, my life was shapeable
By my sweat, my works were amendable
With my fists and my strength defensible,
I believed in myself; in myself, I was dependable

I needed no favors, had no dues to repay
But from under my feet, it was all taken away.
Without a warning, no sign or delay
The colours of my dreams were blemished with grey…

I worked so hard, every ounce of my ability
Pushing to be the best, making my targets a reality
But how maddening it is, this possession-fertility
When it’s all been stolen by some unknown deity!

Out of my control
Regardless of my patrol
Swept from my payroll
Ending my calm stroll

I was striving to stand, when my legs were numb
Shivering with agony, release please come!
Until you have nothing left, can you only fathom
Tasting the dirt, the pain of hitting rock bottom

I have nowhere to look, but to face upward
Expecting a miracle or something absurd
I was more than staggered, when it actually occurred
A supernatural moment left me pleasantly disturbed

----------------------------

This is part one of the story I want to tell... not sure if part 2 will come about anytime soon, but I'm sure you folks already know what will happen next. =) Jesus saves the day! Everything was inspired by this passage I read during devo a few days ago:

“He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread along but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.” - Deuteronomy 8:4


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that was pretty hot.

you have some high-quality talent there.