Saturday, April 16, 2005

not pedophilic tendencies

Yesterday, my volleyball team (THE COURT JESTERS! WOOT!) took me out for drinks and eats at Fox & the Fiddle. Good times, might I say. Would it surprise you if I said I was the youngest one? What if I said, 2 of them are 4 years older than I and the other 3 are 7 years older? Sounds a little more unusual, doesn’t it? I’m 20, they’re 27... when they were 20, I was 13 (but obviously, I didn't know them at the time)...

I’ve played with these people for almost 2 years now and I still can’t get over that fact... but if I’ve learned anything from these people, it's that friendship is only skin deep if age is a distinguishing feature. I learned that no matter how old or how young some people are, as long as their personalities match; it’s all good. What is age, but the time spent since leaving a mother’s womb? It doesn’t always determine how someone acts or thinks... though most believe that everyone hits “maturity” in their mid 20’s, than their lives are only busied with their career, independence, and (present/future) family.

That’s not the case, I imagine. It’s like, when I was 16 and anxiously looking forward to losing the “girl” title and becoming a 19 year old “woman”... and than being hopelessly disenchanted when I realized it felt like I was still 16. AND THEN realizing I look exactly the same now as I did then... man, that is a real heartbreaker... where are my C-cup boobs?! *ha ha* (I’m only half kidding, btw... *heh heh… huh... >_<)

Anyway, the moral of the story is: don’t do drugs.

-----------
Jog Progress Report:
I jogged for 11 minutes, 7 minutes @ 5 km/h and 4 minutes @ like 3 km/h.
It was a lot easier! Symptoms:
Ear ache (from wind), slightly light-headed for a short while...
10K Run, HERE I COME!
^_^

3 comments:

Will said...

Man! "beast," you and your math equations. I bet if you could, you'd marry a math equation, and make quadriatic formulae babies.

Julie: it's great to see that you're MATURE enough to keep a jogging log, aka Jlog (or just jog, haha) but you have to call it running, not jogging. Jogging's what women in their 40's do to be in denial of their age. We, the wave of the future, need to run...run like the wind!! >:D

Will said...

PS, the rule of thumb for dating people of age is twice your age - 7 years (max) and half your age + 7 years (min).

eg. I'm 24.
24 x 2 = 48 - 7 = 41 (max)
24 / 2 = 12 + 7 = 19 (min)

Brian said...

i don' think that works!

ie: a 14 year old girl going out with a 21 year old guy is perfectly fine with you!? :o

or or! a 17 year old going out with a 27 year old is ok with you as well!? :o

And the equation doesn't work both ways.....
eg: a 17 year old is ok to go out with a 27 year old max...
but a 27 year old is only ok to go out with a 20.5 year old...

u need new mathamatiks, will