Monday, December 14, 2009

define "bad"

In case you didn't hear – I had a bad day today... it stemmed also from a not-so-good night seeing how I stupidly broke my buddy's ear piece and I was feeling pretty stupid.

Basically, I was good up until 2:45pm. My colleague asked me to help him bring the decorations back from our company Christmas party back to the office. He got stuck doing some volunteering w/ the Care Committee as there were last minute cancels. Thus I agreed.

To make a long story short, after loading the company car from the banquet hall – literally 2 min on the road, I get pulled over for speeding. 81 in a 60. My first speeding ticket. I've only ever had 2 tickets in my life, this was number 2.

Anyway, we get back to the office and as I squat down slowly to put the fragile glass centrepieces on the ground, I rip my pants. Oh yes, the kind of rip that goes straight up the croch and out the back. Yes, make fun of me, I had a good laugh too.

Being the smart girl I am, I took my white cardigan and tied it around my waist. Just like we did back in the highschool days. What I didn't know was that I had cut my hand on something... and I end up getting blood all over it. Good news is that it wasn't cotton, so the blood stain came out well. Yay.

Seeing how the day was sucking, I decided to make myself feel better by putting up the Christmas tree at home. Prior to this day, I was pretty set on not putting it up at all. Anyway, I needed some Christmas songs to brighten the spirit... I got the dust off my old radio, flipped the power button and *silence*... my radio was broken. Got the laptop out, turned on the online radio and it was smooth sailing...

until I test out the Christmas lights... and half of the white ones didn't work. With what was left of these white lights, not half the tree could've been covered. What's a Christmas tree w/out lights? Just a Christmas tree w/out lights, but I was determined to get some glowing action. I pulled out the tacky colourful dollar-store-bought lights from decades ago and tested them... success! There were 5 strands of these colourful lights, just enough to make it look full.

For the past few years, our tree was this sleek, red and silver-themed work of art. The lights were all white and everything on it was from Ikea (therefore, it must be cheap and contemporary)... now with these tiny colourful it-will-burn-your-hand lights, the tree looks like it did back in my elementary school days...

I kinda like it. =)

No comments: