Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A $20 Journey

It’s funny how things work out... okay, I started with $0.

  • Received $20 from red pocket money --> +$20
  • Bought 2 Old Navy t-shirts (1 for me, 1 for Alan) 2 for $20 --> -$20
  • Alan paid me back --> +$10
  • Bought dinner from Famosa --> -$5
  • Bought 2 Vita Lemon Tea juice boxes (1 for me, 1 for Neil) --> -$2.50

... to summarize, I only have $2.50 right now. This is where the neat things happen:

  • Went to a dinner at Albert L’s & Brian paid my share because I didn’t have enough $ --> $0
  • Brought lunch to church & ate dinner at home --> $0
  • Went to dinner w/ Jason & Jordan (today after meeting), Jason treated (but we’ll pay him back the next time around) --> $0
  • Was waiting for a bus after dinner, when a very tall white guy asked me for the time and if I had change for a $10 to take the bus. I gave him the $2.50 (exact amount for bus fare) --> -$2.50
    He wanted to give me the $10 bill he had in exchange for my change, but I refused. He then took out a $1 American bill and tried to give it to me, but said I said not to worry and to simply do something nice for a stranger when he gets a chance (Pay it Forward!).
  • “I am from Europe and no one there is like this. You’re a very kind person, thank you.” --> priceless.

His comment made my day... yes, I’m at $0 again, but who knows what wonderful things this man can do when he’s in a good mood also. ^_^

1 comment:

Will said...

You're like a Seinfeld episode. The really awesome thing would be if somehow that man did something nice for me! :) Then I'd do something nice for you back! Pay if forward? Good movie.