Thursday, July 21, 2005

waves of bitter water

For those who visit my blog often:
The blog that had come and gone has done more harm than good, which explains its sudden disappearance. In my resentment, I wrote that blog for no better reason other than sheer selfish entertainment and attention. I shouldn’t have left it open to the public because the situation involved more than myself. My friends, thank you for your concern. I know it takes a lot of effort to ask me about certain sensitive topics. I realize how much damage a little venting could do...

Which brings me to the main point: Think before you speak.

That goes for me also, of course. This quote has been said everywhere and by everyone one point in time... but its simplicity may be the cause of its unsuccessfulness.
Who knows what ripples our words can cause in another’s tranquil surface?

My heart is breaking for any of you who I have hurt unknowingly... I’m so sorry... please tell me so I can change my ignorant ways.

3 comments:

Jim Freedom said...

Quit taking other people's power away. You are NOT responsible for their behavior, including how they react to what you write or say. Power and responsibility go hand and hand. You can not have one without the other.

Jim Freedom said...

Remember what Jesus said, "And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me." Matthew 11:6
AND, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33
If Jesus can overcome the words of the world then so can you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed.

Jubez said...

I don't believe I'm "taking other people's power away" when I take off a blog. I did it out of respect for the feelings of someone I love. You're right when you said I'm not responsible for others' reaction towards what I write, but I will consider how they may/will react and will act accordingly. Reason being: I believe we shouldn’t simply speak our minds without consideration, especially if our emotions are running wild (e.g. in anger, frustration, annoyance, in this case, resentment) because we tend to say things we don’t mean or will regret later on.
I think the Matthew verse is taken a little out of context, but I understand the general point of what you're saying. For the most part, I feel I do speak boldly about my faith in Jesus... it's just the blogs that aren't related to Him and have the potential to be hurtful, that I am weary of.
I thank you for your insight.