Monday, June 27, 2005

hidden falsehoods

About 3 months ago, I had started a book called Lies Women Believe (and the truth that sets them free) by Nancy DeMoss. Recently, I felt compelled to share some of these lies to you. I’m not going to list them all, but I will tell of the ones I once believed in and consumed me.

  • God’s ways are too restrictive
  • I need to learn to love myself
  • I can’t help the way I am
  • I should not have to live with unfulfilled longings
  • I can sin and get away with it
  • My sins aren’t really that bad
  • I am not fully responsible for my actions and reactions
  • I cannot walk in consistent victory over sin
  • I don’t have time to do everything I’m supposed to do
  • I can make it without consistent time in the Word and prayer
  • I can’t control my emotions

Most of these are gender neutral, I’d say. I still continue to struggle w/ some of them, but I feel like if I open up and share my guarded thoughts and beliefs, you can help me stay grounded in what’s true. Remember, these are LIES... if you feel they are true, analyze yourself and seek through God’s Word for authentic answers... it may be the devil’s foothold on you.

1 comment:

Will said...

I like to practice girlfriend activities w/ you. :)