Thursday, November 10, 2005

Grand

Never immersed in a love so deep
Stretched beyond all mountains’ peak
Never in this world that I would seek
Called for this heart to plunge so meek

Reigning over all sin’s deceptive veil
Blind eyes released on victory’s sail
No longer anchored by misleading fib tales
God’s wind will triumph and will not fail


Hesitant trust carries a cynical glare
Astounded to find a Man on this earth so rare
Bestow us faith; remove this stubborn layer
Expose and find there is a genuine prayer

Powerful yet merciful conveyed through His grace
His fallen, willful children He will still embrace
Despite denials, rejections, and love for sin’s taste
He still came to us; to this malevolent place

Love and peace no poem can express
Opened a joy only Satan detests
Unattainable by our worldly success
Oh, Infinite Lord, you shall not be repressed!


-----------------------------
So I decided to slack off by writing this poem (took me about a week).
To be honest, I had started the poem with the intention of writing it for Brian, but then after the first line, I thought it was too worship-like so I wrote the rest for God.
“That’s all I have to say about that.” --> the words of a good man.

4 comments:

Darren said...

thats a nice poem!! Its really awesome that you're able to use words to rhyme.. my vocabulary is so limited that the rhymes i got are cheesy and utterly stupid haha.. GG on the poems and the raps you do during coffee hut =)

sam.wong said...

i read the poem as a rap :) but it's all good all around...

glad u know where your priority lies :) good thing u see God in brian... man of integrity! PEACEOUT!

Selina Wong said...

I imagine you rapping it too Julie! hehe...you'r so ghetto!
I love it!
Keep writing them!
-Selina

Anonymous said...

geeze you got spammed twice by the same spammer! Rob is lame!

-Andrew