Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sponge-ing

I did something today that I’ve never done before... I call it sponge-ing, others may call it “mopping.” I didn’t use a mop, I used a sponge-with-a-stick-attached, so it’s not quite “mopping” – you wouldn’t use a pen to highlight things and call it highlighting; it’d be crossing things out. So yup, I sponged my kitchen floor today for the first time in the 20 years I’ve been alive. I don’t even think I did it properly (if there’s a proper way)… I just splashed dish-soapy water around and wiped it up with the sponge contraption.

Some trivial things I learned:

  • I learned the location of the sponge-thing
  • Don’t use too much soap – it gets too unnecessary bubbly and it takes forever to rinse and dry.
  • Splash soapy water as you go – don’t be an idiot and splash the whole floor first because then your feet gets wet.
  • Take the things out of the kitchen that you’ll need later – prevents you from needing to re-enter while the floor is still wet.
Some significant things I learned:

  • I’ve taken for granted the fact that I have a house to live in and take care of – there are so many people who do not have shelter at all... and here I am, whining about the rooms I need to clean and too lazy to keep things uncluttered.
  • I never realized how many things my mother had to do to keep the house clean and tidy... it’s absolutely frustrating when I’m the one cleaning for me and my siblings and they don’t care enough to help out. Now I can truly empathize with her when she does all the chores without any of her children to lend a hand

It’s true what they say, you never know what you have until it’s gone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously...

It's great to think about everything you get/use. Then imagine life without it.

my goodness.. what would I do without my nintendo!!! T_T... Tee Underscore Tee!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jubez you have a great blog here! Your site was benefit to me. Thanks! I was just blog surfing and found Sponge-ing ! Posts were interesting to reading. If you can, come visit my Martial Arts Instructional related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest. :-)

Darren said...

aww Richard is crying!! hahaha

yeah I cleaned my washroom once and I was like this is hard labour.. i can't believe my mom does this for me.. hmmm reminds me i should start cleaning the washroom more often now.

sam.wong said...

remember when we use to clean the churhc.. that was CRAZY!!! oh them washrooms...

yeah.. my rents leaving soon.. i think it's gonna be a pigs dye until they come home... geez tis' gonna be gross...

maybe i'll sponge mop

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jubez you have a great blog here! Your site was benefit to me. Thanks! I was just blog surfing and found Sponge-ing ! Posts were interesting to reading. If you can, come visit my Golf Instructional related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest. :-)