Monday, December 05, 2005

all of God's sheep

Lately I’ve been feeling like I’m confining myself to a Christian community that’s mainly (almost only) Chinese. I want to browse churches that are multicultural that don’t have any classification as to what ethnicity people are... no more Chinese Baptist church, Chinese Christian softball, or Chinese Christian fellowship (although I don’t attend the CCF at York due to my class schedule, but I’m sure if I were able to go to one of York’s Christian groups, it would be the Chinese one). Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with being a part of these groups, it’s just personally, I feel like I should see what else there is outside the Chinese community.

And hence this post... I’m trying to step out of my box and remind myself and everyone that Christ is present in many cultures. The only things separating us are the physical structures we choose to worship in.


They're in alphabetical order (funny that Chinese was the first one on the list). I'm missing many other languages, so if you know of any other ways of writing "God's sheep", please let me know. Thanks. =o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

babelfish?

Jubez said...

yup!
(other than the Asian writing, those I had to ask ppl 'cause I didn't have the program)

Will said...

Gospel of Matthew 25

31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Don't be a goat.

Selina Wong said...

hehe how about gamer lingo? instead of GG (ppl sooo take that out of context...) it would be GS! hehe
GS GS GS GS GS GS GS!
-Selina

Anonymous said...

Sup J,
What's going on? Me? Nothing just lazing. anywayz..
all eh of oay ods gay eep shay...

and also was reading the comments... and wills comment caught my eye... I don't know, but... I think god was seperating the people who believe in christ from the people who don't... so I don't think it really relates to Julie's post... unless you're talking about calling a particular type of people a "goat"... which is kindda racist?...

Well, that's my interpretation. I'm sure it means something different. *shrug*

Newayz... see you at home.