Thursday, December 08, 2005

new years resolution?

So far, I have yet to successfully accomplish a new year’s resolution. Let’s recap on some of these failures I’ve made in the past (I can’t remember which years these were from or even if they were just goals I set for myself every so often):

  • Not to say, “You wanna fight about it?!” to anyone
  • Weigh less than ___ (this number increases as the years pass)
  • No swearing. By swearing I mean words Jerry Springer censors on daytime TV
  • Not buy clothing for myself
  • Do devotionals at least once a day
  • No watching more than 1 hour of TV a day <-- this one I actually did, but over a span of a few years

That’s about all I can remember. For this coming year, my potential new year’s resolutions are:

  • No deep fried food
  • No coffee
  • Make someone laugh at least once a day
  • Learn how to play a new musical instrument (well)
  • Relearn piano chords/scales
  • No sleeping in class

-------------------------
That’s all I got so far. Feel free to tell me any more suggestions. I didn’t include anything “spiritual” this time because I’m hoping I would do those things anyway... o_O Hope that works out.

---------------------------
On a side note, I’ve discovered my eyesight has gotten worse. I should really get it checked out and get a new prescription. Also, I’ve been feeling like I should be visiting a dentist soon (it’s been over 6 years since my last check-up... gross, eh? I hope flossing worked) – I’ll be talking to Tracy about this. =oP

One more thing, there are parties in the Subway trains. My friend just told me about it… and since I don’t know how to make a button that links to the site, here it is: www.newmindspace.com/ridethereindeer.php
There’s a party happening tonight, actually. If you go, please, take pics.

2 comments:

sam.wong said...

hey jubez

nice resolutions.. u can do the no sleeping thing.. if i can do it you can do it too :) i'm 3 hours away from accomplishing my first ever... and you can sooo do it considerign how much i slept the year before...

YOU CAN DO IT!! study hard jubez

Anonymous said...

Here's a good one: Urinate once a day.

it's easily accomplished :)

OR you know.. something simple like.. vaccuum once a week or something like that