Thursday, December 01, 2005

perverted byproducts

Something I’ve been seeing a lot these days is just how “ghetto” youths are. And I don’t mean this just in their outfits, but also the personality and the speech that comes with it.

  • No one says “hi” anymore, it’s all “yo” this or “yo” that.
  • Little teenaged boys calling their friends homies or brothers or whatever
  • Not using indicative participles (i.e. “to be”). So instead of saying “I am” or “we were” or “she is”, it would all be: “I be”, “we be”, “she be”. For example, instead of saying, “we are hanging out with my friends.” It is, “we be chillin’ wid mah homies”
  • How are you? --> What’s up? --> Sup? --> Whatchu sayin’? ... it may have changed again, but I’m not hip enough to know. o_O
  • The “I’m too cool for school” attitude is more prevalent now, as I heard from my friend who taught high school students

Most of these things don't bother me, they're just observations. But what tops the list is how dang perverted kids/teens are these days. Literally, perverted. Disgusting. Junior high students having sex; throwing rainbow parties; girls pretending to be lesbians to get guys’ attention; girls wearing revealing “clubbing” clothing to school; FREAKIN’ oral sex in public washrooms; and guys encouraging it!! I am so revolted by this reality that it makes me sick.

Sometimes I don’t blame the youths for being the way they are. I blame the damn media; passing off that “sex sells” garbage like it’s a good excuse. Profit-driven fools. I hope they’re not surprised when they discover their 11 year old granddaughter wants another abortion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TELL IT LIKE IT IS!
Yea.. maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm pretty digusted at what's mainstream. I could hardly watch the new family guys.

and what's a rainbow party?

i like having mario parties.... :(