Thursday, October 27, 2005

how about you PING THIS!

I recently realized that repetitive noises drive me insane.

Like yesterday, when I was on the Steeles [E] bus (a lot of things happen on the bus for me because I spend an average of 410 minutes on them per week… o_O), I was sitting in the first row of double-seats after a long day of class; heading towards Timmy’s to study some more. In front of me was a divider that separates the double seats w/ the 3-“for old people”-seats that face the other direction.

Anyway, there was this brown girl (I say “brown” for descriptive purposes only) who looked like she was 16, yakking away on her cell phone. I don’t mind people talking on their cell phones... it gives me something to focus on (*ha ha* j/k). What I DID mind was that she put her boney-long-fingernailed hands on the divider – which again, was in front of me – and started flicking the metal pole. Over and over again... ping ping ping ping ping...

Out of courtesy, I was going to (kindly) ask her to stop after she was done talking on her cell... but by time I got to Leslie, I was ready to smack her hands so hard her fingernails would cry.

She didn’t put the phone down for a second. So, halfway through the ride (around Woodbine), I decided to pretend I was sleeping and “accidentally” let go of my umbrella and have it hit her hands. *heh heh* >=o) I executed my plan...

I missed.

It landed on the floor. Crap. And thus, she continued... flicking away at the pole for the rest of the 50 minute ride... from Finch Station, all the way to Midland...

No comments: