Thursday, October 13, 2005

the jerk update

After so many times of admitting to my gullibleness, it has come back to bite me in the ass again.
The other guys paid and are off the hook EXCEPT this one guy who only paid $60 for the whole time he’s been here.

This is what happened:
He has no money whatsoever. He has nothing but his passport, a change of clothing, a broken TV and VCR, bed sheets and a laptop. He owed us $320. He said there’s a buyer for his laptop and that he was going to sell it for $400, giving us $250 (since he claimed he’d need more money to “survive” when he left) and paying the rest later. He offered to sign a contract with all his information and stating that he would owe us the money within the next 3 months.

This morning at 10am, the buyer was supposed to come by to purchase the laptop. We had kept the laptop overnight incase he decided to take off on us. I was awake at 8am because I needed to study for a quiz at 11:30am. So the guy rings the doorbell and asks me to bring the laptop down so he can check things before the buyer came. I go down with the laptop and he begins to take it out of the case, plugging it in and starting it up. I tell him that I’m going to get my sister down to take care of everything, since I had to leave my house soon and she is responsible for handling the rent money.

I go upstairs and wake my sister up. She’s up and downstairs about 10 minutes after I had come up. He was gone. HE LEFT!! THAT ANAL PASSAGE LEFT!! THAT LYING, SELFISH, EVIL, DECEPTIVE PISS-OFF LEFT!!

I let my guard down for 10 minutes and I cost my mother $320 plus the agony she was put through over the past month because of this guy... ARGG!! Some daughter I am, eh?

Every person I talked to said I shouldn’t have left it with the guy... every single person. Let me tell you, it feels pretty crappy to hear this over and over again because I knew that fact way before anyone had to say it to me aloud. I get it people, I screwed up. I messed this crap up and I know it; just get off my case because there’s nothing I can do now but beat myself up inside for doing it. What I hate about this situation most is that I believed him... I believed everything he said he was going to do until I found out he screwed us over... -_-“ How do I change that?

No comments: